Ashutosh Khandha, Ph.D.
102C Spencer Lab
Newark, DE 19716
- PhD Biomedical Engineering, 2016, University of Delaware
- MS Bioengineering, 2004, University of Toledo, OH, USA
- BS Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, 2000,University of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
Incorporating translational and hands-on practical training in engineering education, related to medical imaging, instrumentation, device development and computational biomechanics.
For a complete publication list, check Dr. Khandha’s Google Scholar.
- Khandha A, Goel V. (2018) Design rationale for posterior dynamic stabilization relevant for spine surgery. (submitted, in review)
- Goel V, Khandha A, Vadapalli S. (2005) Musculoskeletal biomechanics, an overview. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update 8, Chapter 4, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 39-56
- Khandha A, Manal K, Wellsandt E, Marmon A, Capin JJ, Snyder-Mackler L, Buchanan TS. (2018) High Muscle Co-contraction Does Not Result in High Joint Forces During Gait in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Deficient Knees. Journal of Orthopaedic Research (accepted, in press)
- Capin JJ, Khandha A, Zarzycki R, Arundale AJH, Ziegler ML, Manal K, Buchanan TS, Snyder-Mackler L. (2018) Tibiofemoral Loading and Gait Mechanics in Men of the ACL-SPORTS Randomized Control Trial. Journal of Orthopaedic Research (accepted, in press)
- Capin JJ, Khandha A, Zarzycki R, Manal K, Buchanan TS, Snyder-Mackler L. (2018) Gait Mechanics Differ after ACL Reconstruction Based on Medial Meniscal Treatment. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (accepted, in press)
- Khandha A, Manal K, Wellsandt E, Capin JJ, Snyder-Mackler L, Buchanan TS. (2017) Gait mechanics in those with/without medial compartment knee osteoarthritis five years after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Special Issue: Injury and Post-Traumatic Osteoarthritis, Journal of Orthopaedic Research 35(3)625-633
- Wellsandt E, Khandha A, Manal K, Axe MJ, Buchanan TS, Snyder-Mackler L. (2017) Predictors of knee joint loading after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Special Issue: Injury and Post-Traumatic Osteoarthritis, Journal of Orthopaedic Research 35(3)651-656
- Capin JJ, Khandha A, Zarzycki R, Manal K, Buchanan TS, Snyder-Mackler L. (2017) Gait mechanics and second ACL rupture: Implications for delaying return-to-sport. Journal of Orthopaedic Research 35(9) 1894-1901
- Robbins AK, Mateson AB, Khandha A, Pugarelli JE, Buchanan TS, Akins RE, Barthold JS. (2016) Fetal rat gubernaculum mesenchymal cells adopt myogenic and myofibroblast-like phenotypes. The Journal of Urology 196(1) 270-278
- Hallab N, Khandha A, Malcolmson G, Timm J. (2008) In vitro assessment of serum-saline ratios for fluid simulator testing of highly modular spinal implants with articulating surfaces. International Journal of Spine Surgery 2(4) 171-183
- Bono C, Khandha A, Vadapalli S, Holekamp S, Goel V, Garfin S. (2007) Residual sagittal motion after lumbar fusion: A finite element analysis with implications on radiographic flexion-extension criteria. Spine 32(4) 417-422
- Vadapalli S, Sairyo K, Goel V, Robon M, Biyani A, Khandha A, Ebraheim N. (2006) Biomechanical rationale for using PolyEtherEtherKetone (PEEK) Spacers for lumbar interbody fusion – A finite element study. Spine 31(26) E992-E998
- Vadapalli S, Robon M, Biyani A, Sairyo K, Khandha A, Goel V. (2006) Effect of lumbar interbody cage geometry on construct stability – A cadaveric study. Spine 31(19) 2189-2194