Biomedical engineering majors Tori Reiner, Nick Saponaro, Dana Wilkins, Sejal Suri and Carolina Gomez, placed third in the Student Design Showcase at the Design of Medical Devices Conference held April 12, 2022. Hosted by the University of Minnesota, the conference brings together world-class medical device designers, researchers, manufacturers and the public sector to share perspectives and innovations in medical device design. The students developed this device as part of their senior design project, sponsored by The Sivarasu Lab at The University of Cape Town in South Africa under the direction of prof. Julie Karand.
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Margo DonlinBME PhD Candidate Margo Donlin will be defending their dissertation: Adaptive Post-Stroke Gait Rehabilitation Methods To Increase Propulsion
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Michael DonzantiBME PhD Candidate Michael Donzanti will be defending their dissertation: A Multi-Faceted Approach for Addressing Poor Drug Transport Into the Lymph Node
- Kiick and Price labs awarded R01 from the National Institutes of HealthThanks to a five-year, $3 million research grant, a team of UD engineers will develop approaches to improve delivery of therapeutics to treat post-traumatic osteoarthritis.
- Orthopedics in actionUD Engineering’s Jenni Buckley develops orthopedics curriculum for high school students.
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Mackenzie ScullyBME PhD Candidate Mackenzie Scully will be defending their dissertation: Engineering Cancer Cell Membrane-Wrapped Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of Cancer Therapeutics