Jill Higginson and her team have received a 5-year educational grant from NIH to incorporate practical clinical design experience into UD’s Biomedical Engineering curriculum. The plan is to expand the BME interdisciplinary senior design program to include clinically motivated projects identified during previous clinical immersion experiences. Within the context of this design project, students will identify the significance of the unmet clinical need, determine the impact of finding a practical solution, outline the design constraints, and generate a working prototype as a solution to the unmet clinical need. Read more.
- Kiick and Price labs awarded R01 from the National Institutes of HealthThanks to a five-year, $3 million research grant, a team of UD engineers will develop approaches to improve delivery of therapeutics to treat post-traumatic osteoarthritis.
- Orthopedics in actionUD Engineering’s Jenni Buckley develops orthopedics curriculum for high school students.
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Mackenzie ScullyBME PhD Candidate Mackenzie Scully will be defending their dissertation: Engineering Cancer Cell Membrane-Wrapped Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of Cancer Therapeutics
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Zheng CaoDate: Thursday, September 7, 2023 Time: 9:30 am
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Wade StewartBME PhD Candidate Wade Stewart will be defending their dissertation: Implementation of static and dynamic culture substrates to control maturation of human induced pluripotent stem cell cardiomyocytes through tunable manipulation of topographical roughness and bulk stiffness.