2014 Interdisciplinary Senior Design Team SimUCath was awarded FIRST prize at the University of Minnesota Medical Devices Conference, beating out an impressive field of teams across the country. SimUCath is a novel system that allows healthcare professionals to safely train to perform urinary catherizations on live actors. Read more.
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Margo DonlinBME PhD Candidate Margo Donlin will be defending their dissertation: Adaptive Post-Stroke Gait Rehabilitation Methods To Increase Propulsion
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Michael DonzantiBME PhD Candidate Michael Donzanti will be defending their dissertation: A Multi-Faceted Approach for Addressing Poor Drug Transport Into the Lymph Node
- Kiick and Price labs awarded R01 from the National Institutes of HealthThanks to a five-year, $3 million research grant, a team of UD engineers will develop approaches to improve delivery of therapeutics to treat post-traumatic osteoarthritis.
- Orthopedics in actionUD Engineering’s Jenni Buckley develops orthopedics curriculum for high school students.
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Mackenzie ScullyBME PhD Candidate Mackenzie Scully will be defending their dissertation: Engineering Cancer Cell Membrane-Wrapped Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of Cancer Therapeutics