BME grad student Rachel Edelstein received Honorable Mention in the 2015 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) competition for her proposed research on utilizing actively targeted nanoparticles coated with antibodies and small interfering RNA for the treatment of Triple Negative Breast Cancer, a form of breast cancer that is ineligible for many conventional treatments because it lacks the appropriate receptors.
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Zheng CaoBME PhD Candidate Zheng Cao will be defending their dissertation: TITLE A Dynamic Tunable Platform To Manipulate Fibroblast Activation Where: Location: BPI 140 AB Zoom Link: https://udel.zoom.us/j/91260781103 Password: ZhengC Date: Thursday, September 7, 2023 Time: 9:30 am Committee: Elise Corbin, Kristi Kiick, Charles Dhong, Velia Fowler, April Kloxin ABSTRACT Adverse remodeling of the heart after … Read more
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Wade StewartBME PhD Candidate Wade Stewart will be defending their dissertation: Implementation of static and dynamic culture substrates to control maturation of human induced pluripotent stem cell cardiomyocytes through tunable manipulation of topographical roughness and bulk stiffness.
- Key to preventing osteoarthritis
UD Professor Justin Parreno’s research identifies protein that protects healthy joints
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Meghan KupratisBME PhD Candidate Meghan Kupratis will be defending her dissertation: Defining the Structure-Tribomechanical Function Relationships of Articular Cartilage Under Biofidelic Sliding Conditions
- Understanding drug toleranceUD’s Abhyudai Singh works to advance methods to combat cellular ‘lucky survivors’.