Ryan O’Boyle, a senior Biomedical Engineering undergraduate, shared the 1st place prize for best poster by an undergrad at the Northeast Regional IDeA Conference in August. He received a certificate and a gift card for $500 for his poster titled “Effect of cell culture substratum anisotropy on vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype”. Ryan performed his research in Robert Akins’ lab at the Nemours – Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
- Kiick and Price labs awarded R01 from the National Institutes of HealthThanks to a five-year, $3 million research grant, a team of UD engineers will develop approaches to improve delivery of therapeutics to treat post-traumatic osteoarthritis.
- Orthopedics in actionUD Engineering’s Jenni Buckley develops orthopedics curriculum for high school students.
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Mackenzie ScullyBME PhD Candidate Mackenzie Scully will be defending their dissertation: Engineering Cancer Cell Membrane-Wrapped Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of Cancer Therapeutics
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Zheng CaoDate: Thursday, September 7, 2023 Time: 9:30 am
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense – Wade StewartBME PhD Candidate Wade Stewart will be defending their dissertation: Implementation of static and dynamic culture substrates to control maturation of human induced pluripotent stem cell cardiomyocytes through tunable manipulation of topographical roughness and bulk stiffness.