We are an ABET accredited program, meeting the quality standards of the profession by preparing our graduates to enter the field of biomedical engineering.
Graduates of the program will have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
The Biomedical Engineering Program prepares our graduating students for the following professional and career accomplishments:
- Professional employment in biomedical industries such as medical devices, imaging, biotechnology, biopharma, and other health and science related fields.
- Entry into and completion of advanced studies, including graduate programs in biomedical engineering or related engineering and life sciences, medicine, law, business, or other professional programs.
- Making positive and ethical contributions to the biomedical field through technical, educational, civic, global, and/or business services and leadership.