The Biomedical Engineering Undergraduate Program at the University of Delaware is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. Our program meets the quality standards of the profession by preparing our graduates to enter the field of biomedical engineering.
Graduates of the program will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
The Biomedical Engineering Program prepares our graduating students for the following professional and career accomplishments:
- Professional employment in biomedical industries such as medical devices, imaging, biotechnology, biopharma, and other health and science related fields.
- Entry into and completion of advanced studies, including graduate programs in biomedical engineering or related engineering and life sciences, medicine, law, business, or other professional programs.
- Making positive and ethical contributions to the biomedical field through technical, educational, civic, global, and/or business services.
BME Enrollment & Graduation Data
Undergraduate Fall Enrollment
Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded